Saturday, October 21, 2017

Christmas is coming

Last night I once again joined with Wendy and friends for a night of stitching
Very pleased with what I achieved I made up a complete Advent Calendar
I was given the panel of pockets some time ago

In the past few days I have also made this quilt panel into a cot quilt for a new baby who will be joining our family around Christmas
Had a skin cancer taken off the back of my neck and have eight stitches
The Doc told me not to do to much with my arm for fear of splitting the stiches, so whats a girl  supposed to do but sew?
Hope everyone else had a great night too

12 comments:

  1. Lovely Advent Calendar and a sweet baby quilt too.
    Be careful with those stitches , hope they heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is time to "think" Christmas.....Love the advent calendar and very cute cot panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your advent calendar. Don't envy you those stitches but good riddance to the skin cancer. Take care and hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely advent. What lovely news about the bub. An extra special Christmas gift. Ouch 8 stitches. Hope you aren't too uncomfortable....and I think stitching is good therapy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the advent calender. The baby quilt is very lovely. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful advent calender and bub quilt...lovely to be welcoming a new family member. I hope the stitches heal quickly for you Illene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great sewing achieved despite the need to be careful. Good for you! Hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the skin cancer but so glad you had the perfect excuse for sewing. Your paper-pieced Halloween projects are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Illene,love the advent calendar,well done my friend .
    Oh that sounds painful hope you heal quickly Illene and hope you have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete