Wednesday, October 4, 2017

This N That

A while since I have done any knitting
Years ago I used to spin my own wool from my own sheep
As time went on none of my family wanted home spun stuff so I sold my wheel
Recently I was asked to knit some beanies
I had forgotten how much I enjoyed knitting them
Luckliy I had spun up some wool before the wheel went

I finished a quilt for my great niece Amelia
She will be 11 at the end of the month
Hopefully she will like her quilt
I did some modelling for the CWA
Quite enjoyed it
Got to wear some nice clothes
Unfortunately my photographer did something Know idea what and this was the only one that
turned out
It seems that the Lorraine's Flowers runner from my last post has gotten lost in the mail
So disapointing

3 comments:

  1. Those homespun wool beanies will be so warm Illene, beautiful!! That is a beautiful quilt you have made, I am sure it will be much loved. Well done on the modelling!! It is sad the table runner went missing, maybe it will still turn up one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home spun beanies look cosy and warm..
    Nice to do something different like the modelling....
    Do hope that the table runner turns up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright shirts! It is hard to believe that people rejected homespun. We search for access to such things here!

    ReplyDelete